- Major plan to build a US standing force on Australia's doorstep to take on China - June 20, 2021The US is looking to set up a combat-ready standing force on Australia's doorstep, in an effort to push back against an increasingly belligerent China across the Indo-Pacific. Ely Ratner, the man nominated by US President Joe Biden's to be the next assistant secretary of defence said establishing a permanent 'combat-credible forward posture' is essential […]
- Australian Defence Minister opens Intellicentre 5 Bunker in Canberra June 20, 2021Australia’s Minister for Defence, The Hon. Peter Dutton MP, today officially unveiled Intellicentre 5 Bunker (IC5), highlighting it as critical infrastructure supporting Australia’s data sovereignty, national cyber security and digital skills development. The IC5 Bunker data centre was completed on time and on budget during the pandemic. It is part of a wider A$200 million […]
- Austal delivers RKS Teanoai II guardian class patrol boat June 20, 2021According to a press release published by Austal on June 18, 2021, the company has delivered RKS Teanoai II, the eleventh Guardian-class Patrol Boat (GCPB), to the Australian Department of Defence. The vessel, the RKS Teanoai II, was then gifted by the Australian Government to the Government of the Republic of Kiribati at a certificate […]
- ASD Calls For Unprecedented Powers To Halt Cyberattacks June 20, 2021An inquiry into the Security Legislation Amendment (Critical Infrastructure) Bill, has been told the Australian Signals Directorate needs wide-ranging powers to enable it to effectively manage the growing threat of cyberattack on Australian entities. Spy agency chief Rachel Noble (pictured) has cited an unnamed company’s refusal to work with the government when responding to a […]
- The U.S. Navy's 'New' Littoral Combat Ship Can Now Really Pack a Punch June 20, 2021The Navy is continuing to massively fast-track production for its growing fleet of Independence variant Littoral Combat Ships (LCS), while also continuing to up-gun the ships with cutting-edge, long-range precision weaponry, perhaps in a deliberate and visible effort to counter, outgun and out-range the large and growing fleet of Russian Corvettes.
- Lockheed Martin Outlines Proposal for New Greek Naval Warships June 20, 2021Lockheed Martin has revealed details of its proposed multi-mission surface combatant warships for the naval forces of Greece. The country is considering adding four combat ships to its arsenal and upgrading its existing Hydra-class frigates. However, it has yet to choose a defense firm for the contract. “Very high on their priority list is the […]
- First tactical deployment of M1A1 Abrams tanks on landing crafts for Australian Amphibious Forces June 17, 2021According to information released by the Australian Department of Defence on June 15, 2021, Australian defence forces have conducted the Exercise Sea Explorer with about 1800 ADF (Australian Defence Forces) personnel taking part and for the first time, the tactical deployment of M1A1 Abrams tanks was exercised in amphibious operations.
- Leonardo Australia will assure the modernisation of the Royal Australian Navy's communications, according to the SEA 1442 Phase 5 project. June 17, 2021Leonardo has undertaken an agreement to work collaboratively in pursuit of the Royal Australian Navy’s Maritime Communications Modernisation Project. SEA 1442 Phase 5 seeks to deliver to the maritime war fighter an assured communications capability through a Mission System that can cope with current and anticipated future information exchange demands and is interoperable with joint, […]
- Australian PM warns France about Attack-class submarine program June 17, 2021According to information published by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation on June 16, 2021, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison warns Macron concerning the Attack-class submarine program raised his dissatisfaction. The French President Emmanuel Macron assured Australia of commitment to the submarine deal during his meeting with the Prime Minister and guaranteed the respect of the time […]