- Lockheed Says LMXT Bridge Tanker’s Range and Refueling Gear Set It Apart September 20, 2021Officially launching its bid to supply the Air Force’s KC-Y “bridge” tanker, Lockheed Martin said its solution would offer the service longer range and persistence than current tankers by virtue of the aircraft’s larger size. To sweeten the deal, if Lockheed Martin wins the KC-Y contest, Airbus will build A330 airliners, on which the LMXT […]
- MilCIS 2021 Postponement Notification September 20, 2021With continuing outbreaks of the Delta variant of COVID-19 in major regions across the country, border closures still in effect, and a high level of uncertainty regarding allowable national travel in November, it has become evident that MilCIS 2021 can no longer be conducted as an in-person event in November, even in the reduced format […]
- In-Space Missions, a smallsat company, will be acquired by BAE Systems September 20, 2021According to a press release issued on September 14, BAE Systems will buy In-Space Missions. This firm recently secured a contract to create a military satellite for the United Kingdom. BAE Systems has announced that it will purchase In-Space Missions to improve its ability to make small satellites for private and government customers. Either of […]
- The Australia-U.S. Ministerial Consultations Joint Statement: An Unbreakable Alliance for Peace and Prosperity September 19, 2021Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin hosted Minister for Foreign Affairs and Minister for Women Marise Payne and Minister for Defence Peter Dutton on September 16 in Washington D.C. for the 31st Australia-United States Ministerial Consultations (AUSMIN 2021).
- Boeing and RMIT partner to build space manufacturing capability September 19, 2021Australia’s space manufacturing capability will be significantly bolstered with the signing of an agreement to merge Boeing’s proven global expertise in space product development with RMIT’s world-leading advanced manufacturing research.
- Rheinmetall new strategic partner of the Bundeswehr for deployed operations support – new line of business launched September 19, 2021The German Bundeswehr has awarded Rheinmetall a framework contract as part of its “Deployed Operations Support” project. The agreement was concluded in August 2021 with the Federal Office for Infrastructure, Environmental Protection and Bundeswehr Services (BAIUDBw). Germany’s armed forces will be able to count on a reliable partner to set up, operate and, when necessary, […]
- Boeing partnership set to help transform the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and girls September 19, 2021Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) has partnered with Netball Queensland’s award-winning First Nations program, Diamond Spirit, to create performance and career pathways for young women and girls. Diamond Spirit boosts the physical, emotional and cultural wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander female students in years 7 to 12, guiding them toward meaningful education outcomes – […]
- Australia to Pursue Nuclear Attack Subs in New Agreement with U.S., U.K. September 15, 2021As part of a new trilateral security arrangement between the U.S., U.K. and Australia – known as AUKUS – the U.S. and U.K. will support an Australian push to purchase nuclear-powered attack submarines for its fleet. Nuclear-powered submarines are largely regarded as the most survivable weapon against the Chinese fleet in the South China Sea, […]
- Aurora Labs to print marine components for Hunter class frigate program August 2, 2021According to a press release published by A3D on July 28, 2021, the firm is pleased to announce its engagement with BAE Systems Maritime Australia to print trial marine components for commercial evaluation for its Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP).