- Holmwood Highgate to deliver modules for Australian Army logistics trucks May 9, 2021Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles (RMMV) has contracted Queensland-based Holmwood Highgate to deliver fuel and water modules for the Australian Army’s logistics trucks fleet.Holmwood Highgate to deliver modules for Australian Army logistics trucks Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles (RMMV) has contracted Queensland-based Holmwood Highgate to deliver fuel and water modules for the Australian Army’s logistics trucks fleet.
- Australia to upgrade HMAS Cairns naval base with $155m investment May 9, 2021According to information published by the Facebook account of Scott Morrison, the Prime Minister of Australia, on May 6, 2021, the Australian government decided to upgrade the HMAS Cairns with a $155m investment. HMAS Cairns is a Royal Australian Navy (RAN) base located adjacent to the Trinity Inlet on the shore of Trinity Bay in […]
- Deputy Chief of Army appointment May 9, 2021MAJOR General Natasha Fox, AM, CSC will be appointed as the Deputy Chief of Army in January 2022. After an outstanding career in a variety of key strategic roles, Major General Fox is set to become Australia’s first female Deputy Chief of Army. Major General Fox joined the ADF in 1988, graduating from the Royal […]
- Concern at Australian 'submarine gap' amid rising China tensions May 9, 2021Australia is in danger of being left with a critical "submarine capability gap" in a future Asia Pacific conflict, a Senator and naval veteran has warned. Senator Rex Patrick wants the Federal Government to fast-track the upgrade of Australia's ageing Collins class submarines to ensure the country retains an effective submarine force in the near […]
- Royal Australian Air Force Air Vice-Marshal Catherine Roberts to become Australia's first space commander May 9, 2021A senior Royal Australian Air Force officer whose childhood idol was Neil Armstrong will become Australia's first space commander next year. Air Vice-Marshal Catherine Roberts, who is currently the Head of Air Force Capability, will take over the newly created position of Head of Space Division from January. The trained engineer, who has served in […]
- Raytheon to provide signals intelligence field services for the U.S. Air Force under 175M contract May 9, 2021Raytheon Intelligence & Space will provide signals intelligence field services for the U.S. Air Force’s Distributed Common Ground System, which collects, processes and analyzes intelligence. RI&S will support seven different intelligence applications the Air Force uses to collect and correlate data under the new program, DCGS-Signals Intelligence Field Support (DSFS).
- British Army awards contract for ‘most lethal tank in Europe’ May 9, 2021The UK Secretary of State for Defense Rt Hon Ben Wallace MP has confirmed a £800 million ($1,1 billion) contract with Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land (RBSL) to build the next-generation Challenger 3 battle tank. “A multi-million-pound investment will deliver the most lethal tank in Europe and allow us to modernize our land forces,” the Defense […]
- Rheinmetall presents the HX3, a new generation of tactical trucks May 7, 2021Rheinmetall has just unveiled the HX3, the latest generation of its globally tried-and-tested HX family of heavy-duty trucks. Completely redesigned, this future-proof military truck addresses contemporary military and automotive megatrends by drawing on innovative new technologies. Among other things, users can expect better protection, improved mobility, enhanced driving comfort as well as a digital interface […]
- MELBOURNE FIRM WINS SENSOR CONTRACT FOR ARMY’S DRONES May 6, 2021Defence has awarded a contract to a Melbourne-based firm to equip the Army’s drones with next-generation surveillance sensors. Ascent Vision Technologies’ ‘CM234 Spitfire camera gimbal’ uses infrared cameras to provide a more stable image during the day or night. Director General Army Aviation Systems, Brigadier James Allen, said, ..