- RAAF Hornet Escorts Pull Off Jaw-Dropping Overhead Break To Welcome Home First Aussie F-35As December 11, 2018The first two Royal Australian Air Force F-35As were delivered to their new home at RAAF Base Williamtown today in one hell of a triumphant manner. Four RAAF F/A-18s joined the pair of stealth fighters in a tight echelon formation as they came screaming in very low over the base. At the midfield point, the […]
- Australian Military Space: RAAF Preparing M1 And M2 Satellite Demonstration Missions December 11, 2018The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) is making preparations to carry out its Mission 1 (M1) and subsequent Mission 2 (M2) CubeSat and small satellite demonstrations in cooperation with the University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra. M1 and M2 are follow-on missions to the successful Buccaneer CubeSat launched in November 2017 and developed by […]
- Silvus Technologies Delivers High Data Rate Line of Sight (HDRLOS) Radios to Royal Australian Navy December 11, 2018A major military Prime contractor in Australia has taken delivery of the first set of High Data Rate Line of Sight (HDRLOS) systems for the Royal Australian Navy's fleet of Anzac Frigates. The units were delivered by Amber Technology, Sydney based distributor for Silvus Technologies in Australia and New Zealand.
- Defence contractor numbers explode, 31,925 given security clearances December 11, 2018Almost 32,000 non-public service employees were given government security clearances by the Defence department in the past two years, pointing to an explosion of high-level outsourced work at the department. The department says it doesn't track the number of contractors working on its projects, but the number of clearances sponsored by the department shows the […]
- Trump backs massive defence budget request December 11, 2018US President Donald Trump is said to have backed plans to request $US750 billion ($A1 trillion) from Congress for defence spending next year. The move would signal a Pentagon spending hike at a time of potential belt-tightening elsewhere in the government. Trump, faced with a budget deficit at a six-year high, told his Cabinet earlier […]
- French Army gets joint logistic support platform December 11, 2018Thales and the French Ministry of Defence have set up a joint logistic support platform to improve support services for the French armed forces' hardware, software and security management. The platform, located at the 14th Equipment Support Base in Nouâtre in Central France, is a part of the Maintenance en Condition Opérationnelle - Terre (MCO-Terre) […]
- Russia Replaces U.K. as World’s 2nd Largest Arms-Producer December 11, 2018Russia replaced the United Kingdom as the second largest purveyor of weapons and military services in the world last year, surpassed only by the United States, an assessment published by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) on Monday shows. “Russian companies have experienced significant growth in their arms sales since 2011,”...
- Cryptojacking Now The Leading Cyber Crime, One Vendor Says December 11, 2018Months ago, the cyberthreat landscape changed without much fanfare, according to intelligence from cybersecurity vendor Webroot. That's when cryptojacking dethroned ransomware as the world's most-common type of cyber-attack, Sarah Morgan, Webroot's channel account manager, told attendees of the NexGen Cloud conference in Anaheim, Calif. on Monday.
- Why Have We Become Desensitised To Cyber-Attacks? December 11, 20181989 was of a year of positive milestones which would have a profound impact on the way we live and work today. The World Wide Web was invented, the Berlin Wall was torn down, and the first GPS satellite went into orbit. However, not everything about the year was a cause for celebration. Alongside these […]