- Aegis Combat System Integration Limited Tender Released April 23, 2019Defence has selected Raytheon Australia to act as its Australian Aegis Systems Integration Agent. Defence has issued a Limited Request for Tender to Raytheon to establish a Deed of Standing Offer under which Raytheon Australia will provide Aegis combat system integration support for up to six years. Minister for Defence, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP, […]
- Governor of NSW David Hurley tells of his profound passion for Anzac Day April 23, 2019From Wollongong, to the Chief of Defence, and onto the Governor of NSW, David Hurley's life has been decorated with success. Now he's set for the highest office in the land, Governor General, but has told 7NEWS that he's most proud of his role on Anzac Day - one of the most important dates on […]
- ASD Essential Eight cybersecurity controls not essential: Canberra April 23, 2019The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), through its Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC), recommends that all organisations implement its Essential Eight controls for mitigating cyber attacks. The clue is in the name. But for the Australian government as a whole, not so much. A whole-of-government response to a long-running parliamentary inquiry, released early this month, ...
- New US Surface-to-Surface Weapons System Moves Closer To Maiden Flight Test - Raytheon April 23, 2019The successful test of a new rocket motor has brought a new US surface-to-surface weapons systems called DeepStrike one step closer to making its maiden flight test, defense company Raytheon said in a press release on Tuesday. "Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) completed a successful static test of the new DeepStrike missile rocket motor, which moved […]
- Lockheed awarded $362.7M for Army's multiple launch rocket systems April 23, 2019Lockheed Martin has been awarded a $362.7 million contract to supply the U.S. Army with multiple launch rocket systems. The contract comprises M270A0 to M270A2 launchers as well as a M270A2 flyaway package kit, M270A2 authorized stockage list kits, M270A2 production line spares kits, the Defense Department announced Monday. Also provided will be production line […]
- Check Out the XQ-58A - America's Next Stealth Super Weapon? April 23, 2019Wingman drones are coming. And they could change aerial warfare for any country that acquires them. The U.S. Air Force in early March 2019 revealed a prototype for stealthy wingman drone that could accompany manned warplanes into combat.The XQ-58A Valkyrie demonstrator, built by California-based Kratos Unmanned Aerial Systems, flew for the first time over Yuma, […]
- Decades after the 'forgotten' Korean War, families of missing Australians fight to repatriate remains April 22, 2019Kay Waldron was 11 in January 1951 when her family received word her older brother, Royal Australian Air Force pilot Geoff Stephens, was missing in action in the Korean War. The 23-year-old flew with the RAAF's famed No. 77 Squadron; his plane is believed to have been shot down over North Korea. "My mother took […]
- Australia seeks engineering support vehicles April 22, 2019The Australian Department of Defence has issued a request for tender (RfT) for engineering support vehicles including earthmoving and material handling equipment. Under Project Land 8120 Phase 1, the department is seeking a suite of modified commercial off-the-shelf solutions with maximum Australian industry involvement.
- Marines are bringing more air power than ever to annual training in Australia April 22, 2019The United States is sending more air power than ever in support of this year’s contingent of 1,700 Marines to Australia’s Northern Territory. Marines have begun arriving in Darwin, Australia, with the bulk of the force scheduled to arrive this month, according to a statement Friday from Marine Rotational Force–Darwin. Aircraft deploying for the rotation […]