- University crisis talks as China fears grow August 20, 2019Education department officials as well as national security and cybersecurity experts will meet university representatives on Wednesday to thrash out guidelines governing collaborative research, amid government concerns over growing Chinese encroachment. Senior sources said the government was especially concerned with collaboration in such areas as artificial intelligence, quantum physics and some engineering disciplines.
- Big holes in Australia’s defences north of the 26th parallel August 20, 2019The Government has said it recognises the “vital importance of Northern Australia to our national security” despite a damning report saying our northern border was riddled with holes that an invader could exploit. An analyst has highlighted “crazy” levels of military under-investment in Australia’s north. And a single road sums up the problem.
- Australia urged to take key defensive measures against expansionist China August 20, 2019AUSTRALIA is under imminent threat from China and must undertake two key strategies to reduce the risk of a Beijing-dominated South-East Asia, according to a prominent defence strategist. Australian politicians have stepped up warnings over China’s behaviour in the South China Sea and Pacific region after assertive manoeuvres from Beijing in recent weeks.
- Women at the top of their game doing what they love in the ADF & NRLW August 20, 2019IN the second week of September the National Rugby League Holden Women’s Premiership (NRLW) competition kicks-off with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) well represented across Australia’s NRLW clubs. The ADF joins the National Rugby League in wishing this year’s NRLW competitors the best for the 2019 season. Minister for Veterans and Defence Personnel Darren Chester […]
- BAE Systems 57mm Gun Systems Selected for Indonesian Navy’s Fast Attack Craft August 20, 2019The Indonesian Navy has selected BAE Systems’ Bofors 57 Mk3 naval gun system for the country’s KCR-60 fast-attack vessel program. The initial contracts with government-owned shipbuilder PT PAL Indonesia include four 57 Mk3 gun systems. The Bofors 57mm naval gun is designed to address surface, air, and land threats in the littoral environment, and is […]
- Northrop Grumman wins USAF order for LAIRCM systems and support August 20, 2019Northrop Grumman has been awarded an order by the US Air Force (USAF) to provide large aircraft infrared countermeasure (LAIRCM) systems and support. The USAF awarded the $200m order under an existing indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract. The LAIRCM system is designed by Northrop Grumman to offer protection to aircrews by automatically detecting, tracking and jamming […]
- Teledyne wins US Navy contract for autonomous underwater vehicles August 20, 2019Teledyne Instruments has received a contract from the US Naval Undersea Warfare Center to provide autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs). The indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract also includes the supply of related monitoring and communications acoustic systems. The contract has a ceiling value of $22.2m including options, with the performance period to run until […]
- Week in security: Are cybercriminals getting ready to storm the BlueKeep? August 20, 2019Australian government cybersecurity experts were practically screaming at system administrators to patch the BlueKeep vulnerability, which Microsoft has warned could be exploited to inflict widespread damage in the vein of WannaCry. Microsoft’s August security update reflected the urgency of fixing that problem, with the 93 addressed including four critical flaws that look and sound a […]
- Cyber Security Cloud Partnered with the Global Leader in Cyber Threat Intelligence “Verint® Systems Ltd.... August 20, 2019Corresponding to unknown cyber-attacks (zero-day exploits) is one of the major issues in cyber security. For this, Cyber Threat Intelligence, which collects information on the entire web such as Deep Web, Dark Web, and open source, is an important and very effective countermeasure. For 25 years, Verint has developed expertise in cyber threat intelligence and […]