- Bisalloy and Rheinmetall Teaming Agreement Extended May 23, 2020Bisalloy Steel Group announced the extension of its longstanding teaming agreement with Rheinmetall Defence Australia for the further development and production of high performance armour steel for military vehicles. This steel is to be used for Rheinmetall’s Australian manufactured BOXER 8×8 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicles, for export customers and specifically, once certified by the German Government, […]
- Navy remains committed to Defence Reconciliation Action Plan May 23, 2020The Royal Australian Navy has appointed a full-time Navy Indigenous Adviser and Navy Indigenous Champion from the senior leadership team, as part of Navy’s commitment to the Defence Reconciliation Action Plan 2019-2022 (D-RAP). Lieutenant Commander Samuel Sheppard is the newly appointed Navy Indigenous Adviser and will provide cultural advice to Navy’s senior leadership team, Navy […]
- Marines trim Australia rotational force to 1,200 Marines due to coronavirus May 23, 2020Fewer than half as many U.S. Marines than originally planned will rotate to Australia’s Northern Territory for a training mission this summer that was cut short by the coronavirus, according to the Australian Minister of Defence. The Marine Corps on May 5 announced the resumption of the rotation to the northern Australian city of Darwin.
- Enduring defence cooperation with the Philippines May 23, 2020Last night I was pleased to speak with Philippine Secretary of National Defense Delfin Lorenzana, ahead of Philippines-Australia Friendship Day today. We discussed our respective domestic responses to COVID-19 and reaffirmed our longstanding defence cooperation. We reaffirmed our long-term commitment to work together as friends and comprehensive partners in addressing challenges posed by COVID-19, and […]
- MH-60R Romeo Seahawk technical review world’s most advanced maritime helicopter May 23, 2020Technical review and analysis of Sikorsky MH-60R naval helicopter by Navy Recognition editorial team. The MH-60R Romeo also nicknamed Seahawk is a maritime helicopter using technologies of the SH-60B and SH-60F, a twin turboshaft engine, multi-mission helicopter based on the United States Army UH-60 Black Hawk and a member of the Sikorsky S-70 family.
- U.S. Navy awards billion-dollar contract to Data Link Solutions to provide MIDS JTRS tactical networking radios May 23, 2020U.S. Navy communications experts are awarding Data Link Solutions LLC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a five-year contract worth nearly a billion dollars to provide digital tactical networking and voice communications capability for U.S. and allied aircraft, ground vehicles, and surface warships. Officials of the Naval Information Warfare System Command in San Diego announced a $998.8 […]
- Google Cloud secures deal with the US Department of Defense May 23, 2020Google Cloud has announced that it has secured a contract with the United States Department of Defense in order to aid in the detection and countering of cyber threats. The Google Cloud Console is to manage the applications run by the Defense Innovation Unit across platforms such as Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and […]
- From zero to hero: Geoscience Australia nears cyber resiliency May 23, 2020Geoscience Australia is nearing compliance with all eight of the government's mandatory and non-mandatory cyber security requirements after being found to be vulnerable to cyber attack in 2018. In answers to questions on notice from senate estimates, the peak geoscientific research agency said it had now implemented all the Australian Signals Directorate’s top four controls.
- Maintaining Cyber Security With a Remote Workforce May 23, 2020With unprecedented numbers of people working from home, businesses have to ensure staff are safeguarded when working remotely. We asked Scott Lester, Cyber Lab Manager at 6point6 to explain how businesses can ensure cyber security for remote workers. The key for maintaining cyber security lies in harnessing the appropriate technologies and installing clear processes to […]