Your cart is empty.
- Cyber Research Centre labels Australia's counter-threat capacity 'relatively weak' January 16, 2018Australia's Cyber Security Research Centre (CSRC) wants to see the creation of a country-wide agency responsible for countering cybercrime in Australia, proposing in a submission to a Parliamentary Committee a Commonwealth-led capability that supports federal, state, and territory-based efforts. In a submission [PDF] penned by CSRC chair David Irvine --
- Future Submarine program facing multi-billion-dollar blowout, Senator Rex Patrick says January 16, 2018The cost of Australia's Future Submarine program is likely to blow out by billions of dollars because it is already missing key deadlines, a former defence contractor turned senator has warned. In December, Defence confirmed two planning documents due to be released last year had yet to be finalised, but the department insisted there had […]
- Unisys AU to provide employment support for those that serve their country January 16, 2018Unisys Corporation Australia has made a formal commitment to those who have served their country. After officially signing the ‘Soldier On’ pledge, the IT company will be providing exclusive employment opportunities to Australian service personnel and their families. Soldier On is effectively an initiative that works side by side with those who have served and […]
- Minister Pyne to visit to India and Singapore January 16, 2018Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP, will travel to India and Singapore from 16 to 19 January 2018, to promote Australia’s world-class defence capabilities for export and strengthen regional defence industry relationships. In India, the Minister will represent the Australian Government at the third annual Raisina Dialogue to discuss the region’s emerging […]
- Canadian Defence Department to Equip its Armored Vehicles With VITEC MGW Diamond TOUGH Encoders January 16, 2018VITEC, a worldwide leader in advanced video encoding and streaming solutions, today announced that it has been awarded a contract by the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) to procure over 1,000 of the company’s MGW Diamond TOUGH encoders. The encoders will be used by the Canadian DND for its Light Armored Vehicle (LAV) project. […]
- Turkey Wants to Link Its F-35 Computer Brains to Networks That Will Include Russian Systems January 16, 2018The Turkish military says it wants to make sure there is a secure link between its future F-35 Joint Strike Fighters and the Turkish Air Force’s main computer networks that will prevent the inadvertent sharing of classified information. This comes as many of the countries involved in the international stealth fighter program increasingly worry about […]
- Microsoft Announces File Restoration Feature for OneDrive January 16, 2018Users of Microsoft’s cloud storage service OneDrive will soon be able to restore their files in the event of an accidental deletion or a cyber attack. Like other cloud storage services, OneDrive allows users to store data on remote servers and access it from any computer or device connected to the internet. Whether a user […]
- Firms buy insurance 'in mad panic' as cyber-attacks soar January 16, 2018With cyber-attacks increasing in frequency and severity, many companies are turning to insurance to cover their mounting losses. But can insurers quantify the risk accurately and could insurance lead to corporate complacency? Many firms feel like they're under siege. Cyber-attacks are coming thick and fast and the tools at the hackers' disposal seem to be […]
- eSecure to 'nip at heels' of big competitors through new CEO appointment January 16, 2018Australian managed security services provider eSecure has appointed a new CEO who says the company has ambitious plans and is ‘bullish’ about the future. The new CEO Clinton Smith was previously eSecure’s executive general manager. He brings more than 25 years of experience to the role from working with international and Australian clients.